We would like to thank everyone who attended the Developers Panel event. We sincerely hope that you found it valuable.
Please join us on Thursday, May 10th, 2018 as MAS hosts our fifth annual Developers Panel with regional developers who are actively working on projects in the Spokane/Coeur d’Alene area. The panelists will discuss the markets they are pursuing, how long they anticipate the development market to remain hot, and what upcoming projects they are hoping to be involved in.
This program will be moderated by Gary Bernardo, Principal at Bernardo Wills Architects.
- Dave Black, NAI Black
- Rob Brewster, Interurban Development
- Jim Frank, Greenstone Development
About The Panelists
- Dave Black, CCIM, SIOR, Principal & CEO, NAI Black: Dave Black is CEO and a principal of Black Realty, Inc.; Black Commercial, Inc.; Black Realty Management, Inc.; and Black Management Services, Inc., all doing business as NAI Black. The organization specializes in the sales and leasing of retail, office, industrial, and multifamily properties; asset, property, and facilities management; consulting; and, real estate development. Black has been a commercial and residential developer for over 35 years. He is a proud father of two sons, loves the lakes, mountains, and all types of sports.
- Rob Brewster, Interurban Development: Rob has been involved both in the renovation of historic buildings and new, inspired construction projects for over two decades. From conception, design, and construction to property management, Rob takes a comprehensive approach to urban development and has earned notable recognition for revitalization efforts, strong commitment to community, and entrepreneurial spirit. His projects have also earned a variety of community and statewide awards for his work on the Holley Mason Building, the Arctic Club Hotel and the Pacific Commercial Building in Seattle, and the Dorothy Brewster Residence Hall in Cheney. Additional experience includes Pine Street Market and Under Armour's West Coast Headquarters. Rob started his career in real estate in 1996 with the development of two townhouses in the Capital Hill area of Washington, D.C.
- Jim Frank, Founder, Greenstone Corporation: Jim is a Spokane native, who grew up in north Spokane and attended Gonzaga Prep. He has his Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical Engineering from Gonzaga University, and a J.D. Law Degree from Gonzaga University. He practiced Natural Resource and Environmental law for 10 years before forming Greenstone Corporation in 1983. Greenstone is involved in land development; master planned community design; home building; and commercial and residential investment properties.
About The Moderator
- Gary Bernardo, Principal, Bernardo Wills Architects: A co-founding partner and Principal of Bernardo-Wills Architects, Gary brings 34 years of architectural experience to design and development projects throughout the Spokane region. Gary is considered an expert in retail planning and design by regional developers, who value his expertise in entitlements, code review, feasibility studies and community presentations. In addition to high-profile national and regional retailers, Gary’s client roster includes corporate, commercial, industrial and civic entities.
THANK YOU TO OUR MEETING SPONSOR - AHBL!
Founded in 1969, AHBL’s 120-person multi-disciplinary staff works on projects of local and national significance from offices in Spokane, Tacoma, Seattle, and Tri-Cities. We offer services in civil engineering, structural engineering, landscape architecture, land use planning, and land surveying. From our work on more than 400 projects a year in both the public and private sectors, we are creative problem solvers who bring a diverse skillset to wide variety of project types. Some of the markets we serve include retail/commercial, residential, education, municipal, healthcare, and military.
MAS members receive free parking. For Non-members, event parking is $8-10 at the Convention Center. Please provide 72 hours notice to receive reimbursement for cancellations.
RSVP per the MAS website www.maspokane.org by Friday, May 4th to guarantee your spot. For more information, please contact Leslie Hebert at firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in being a Sponsor? Contact Brooke Giordano at email@example.com
If you have dietary restrictions for lunch, please contact Terri McRae Garrett at firstname.lastname@example.org